I know a lot has been written on the topic. You can read all about it via this Google search.
It is impossible to have a set of social media guidelines, that work for all scenarios. New fails and faux pas keep showing up, even from experience people and established brands. All we can do is minimize them, educate ourselves, and well… hope for the best! 🙂
The reason there is room for each of those apparently repetitive points, is:
- Social Media is subjective.
- People have varied opinions.
- One man’s misery is another man’s fortune/delight.
- Subjective things are mood-dependent.
- Cultural, geographical, racial, gender related, and other such differences are difficult to figure out, fathom, prevent, plan for, and mitigate.
I could go on and on, but you get the gist. I have shared my condensed experience at http://list.ly/list/EnJ-what-to-do-on-social-media-channels-to-prevent-social-media-fails.
Leave a comment on what your experience says.