Memorize these popular keyboard shortcuts to boost your productivity when authoring in Adobe FrameMaker. Print this PDF and pin it to your workstation to use as a ready reckoner.
I am sharing the desk pinup that I use to refer to the keyboard shortcuts for authoring in structured FrameMaker. This PDF is print-ready for A4 printers. If you wish to include modify the listed shortcuts, use this spreadsheet to edit and then print.
The above file contains a small subset of all the supported shortcuts and includes the shortcuts for the commands I use frequently. I suppose a good number of these commands are popular with other users. Just print it and stick to your desk, to quickly refer to and learn the popular shortcuts.
For shortcuts of broader tasks, including unstructured FM, see my other post titled Desk pinup mind map of the popular FrameMaker keyboard shortcuts.
Trello is one of the best web-based project management platform.
It is quite user-friendly and the neat keyboard shortcuts enhance its usability even further. A complete list is available at https://trello.com/shortcuts. In the demo below, I have covered the most relevant and useful shortcuts.
Shortcuts covered in the demo are:
- Use all 4 arrows keys to navigate between cards.
- Pressing “n” opens a pop-over that allows you to add a card after the currently selected card.
- Pressing the left or right angle brackets (< and >) will move a card to the adjacent left or right list.
- Pressing “m” opens the add / remove members menu. Clicking a member’s avatar will assign or unassign that person.
- Pressing “d” will open the due date picker for a card.
- Pressing “l” opens available labels. Press a label’s number to apply the label.
The best keyboard shortcut I like: Press ‘q’ to view only your cards. This applies a filter. Press ‘x’ to remove this (and any other) filters applied.